Knowledge Transfer Network Ltd, (“we”, “us”, “our”, “KTN”) is a not for profit organisation, legally established in September 2013 (no. 8705643). Our registered office address is at KTN London, Unit 218, Business Design Centre, Upper Street, Islington, London N1 0QH.
At KTN, we respect and protect the privacy of our customers and our members, and those who use our website and services.
This privacy statement provides details about how your personal information is collected and used. Personal information is any information that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you, such as your name, email address, phone number and other non-public information that is associated with such information.
Please read this Policy carefully, as it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us (“data”), will be processed by us, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
1. Your rights
The introduction of GDPR expands the rights of individuals to control how your personal information is collected and processed, your rights are detailed below:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling
2. Information we may collect from you
When you participate in, access or sign-up to any of our services (including our newsletters, events, competitions, social media, message boards and telephone discussions), create an account using our KTN platform or otherwise correspond with us, we will receive data about you.
This data may consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, landline or mobile number. Depending on the activity we may also obtain information about the name and type of your business, and its address.
3. What is the legal basis for doing so?
Article 6 (1) (a)–That the data subject has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific reasons.
Article 6 (1) (b) – processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
Article 6 (1) (f)– processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require Protection of Data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
4. How we use your data
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes which include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our members
- To meet our obligations to you
- To provide you with our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with our website
- To provide e-communications which we think will be of interest to you
- To determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always take account of your individual rights. You have the right to object to this processing at any time by clicking here. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out activities as above for your benefit.
Where we propose using your data for any purpose other than those listed above, we will gain explicit consent from you in advance.
5. Promotional communications
Promotional and marketing communications may be sent to you by various communication channels. In the case of electronic communications, these will be sent to you if you have given express permission to allow KTN to use your data for such purposes or where we think these communications are highlighting services that we believe may be of benefit to you.
You can instruct us at any time not to process your personal data for the purposes of marketing by changing your preferences on the KTN website, or by opting out using the “unsubscribe” link provided on all our electronic communications.
6. Your personal data
You have the right to request from us access to your personal data together with details of the purpose for processing and who we share your data with. You can request a copy of your data held by contacting email@example.com.
You have the right to data portability and we will provide you with a copy of your automatically collected data, in a common format.
You have the right to request that any inaccurate data is rectified by us and you can also update any details by logging in and amending your website profile.
You have the right to request that your personal data is deleted from records where your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the original purpose it was collected; where processing is for marketing purposes or where your personal data has been unlawfully processed. There are some exceptions which include, where we need to keep data for compliance with legal obligations, in defence of legal claims.
You have the right to ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data, where you contest the accuracy or legal basis for processing but do not wish your data to be deleted. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out activities as above for your benefit.
7. Retention & Deletion
We shall not keep data any longer than is necessary from the original purpose of collection and we will delete data in line with our Data Retention policy in compliance with our legal obligations.
8. IP address and cookies
An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of our site by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches, and
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
9. Disclosure of your data to third parties
i) Major stakeholders & UK Research and Innovation & Innovate UK
As KTN, we provide support to our major stakeholders in achieving their objective to stimulate and support UK innovation, including Innovate UK. To ensure that our members continue to benefit from our networking and knowledge-sharing activities, we allow these organisations to use the data held by us, in accordance with this Policy.
ii) 4Manufacturing® Deliver Partners
To maximise the benefits of the 4Manufacturing® system, KTN work with trusted partners to co-deliver interventions or for partners to deliver their own interventions using the 4Manufacturing Toolkit. Where KTN is not directly delivering the intervention, KTN will gather data from those interventions. That data will be aggregated and analysed to provide insights, evidence and feedback to shape policy and tool enhancements. The insights will be shared amongst all delivery partners. The Delivery Partners are listed below:
- Invest Northern Ireland
- The Welsh Assembly Government
- The High Value Manufacturing Catapult and their constituent centres
- Made Smarter National Adoption Programme contractors appointed by BEIS
iii) Other third parties
Only where necessary, we may otherwise disclose your data:
- To contractors, agents and professional advisors where such entities have agreed to provide services to us
- If KTN or a substantial part of its assets are transferred to another public body (for example, as a result of a change in the Innovate UK’s reallocation of public funding), in which case personal data held by KTN may be among the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including any reporting obligations we may have to the UK Government), or in order to enforce or apply our and other agreements, or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies, and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. Where we store your personal data
All personal data you provide to us is stored on secure servers, which are operated in accordance with the UK Information Commissioner’s guidelines on the storage of personal data.
We cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission from you to us, and you transmit such data at your own risk. Once your data has reached our servers, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
11. International Transfer of Data (outside EEA)
We will only transfer data to countries outside of the EEA where they comply with the appropriate safeguards for processing personal data as approved by the European Commission in line with GDPR.
Any changes we may make to this Policy will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
13. Data Protection Officer
Any questions or requests regarding this Policy and/or the processing of your data are welcomed, and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org